Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's Just Business

THIS IS A FARNEEE STORY!


I was looking around asiaparttime and a few other other job sites for a part-time job or something i could do at my own time and in the comfort of my own home, because i'm leaving the country soon *cue tears* and i wanted to earn some pocketmoney so i can spend spend spend while i'm there.

so somehow someway i stumbled upon this job offer (shall not mention details in case i get sued) which i thought was absolutely what i was looking for because i didn't have to go out and meet clients and whatnot, just stay home and surf the net all day. so of course i contacted the person right away. i only got an SMS several days later. READ ON.



At this point i was thinking, hey, very flexible ma, i like you! so obviously i chose a place and time where it would be convenient for myself.


Refuses to tell me about their business, then says he need to confirm the venue with 'higher management' and asks me when i'm free. So i persistently ask again about what exactly they do or want me to do.



Finally get an answer and it's about 'education product' and 'only one kind in malaysia'. So many things are wrong with this message.

1. first of all, education is not a 'product' and how can your 'education product' be its only kind? Maybe he was referring to an electronic dictionary of some sort i don't know la.

2. okay, if you are selling something / doing business regarding some 'education product' i think you should really use your own product before trying to get other people to support you, because you really need to do something about your English. How can you convince people to buy something 'educational' if you can't describe it properly yourself?

3. what the heck is 'no will be pointed to you'?! i'm assuming he was trying to say 'no gun will be pointed to your temple if you decide to decline' or something along those lines.

4. this fella doesn't even know my name and he's been sending me these texts about where to meet up. i already emailed my details to the HQ (i'm assuming) and now he's asking me to email him my details and conveniently leaving out his email address. how can you SMS me without knowing who i am? where did you get my number from? obviously there isn't much communication between him and whoever i sent my details to.

5. and hello? 6pm is not 'in the afternoon'.



I think i was in a very good mood that day, or i wouldn't have continued with this bullshit. Again, restating 'in the afternoon' and even giving him the time. Also mentioned very sarcastically that he should've called instead.



I was starting to think that this whole thing was a joke. Look how he replied, seriously. Yes, i believe you have no voice due to bad whether and you busy til quite late. Dafuq?! A normal person would've called straight away after that previous message. This guy is a joke. So i just left him to heal his voice. (punny :3)


Got another text message the next afternoon. This guy still doesn't learn, he still prefers to message me. Just call la damnit!


He says to meet at one utama, so I said i'll meet him half an hour later. i was in the hospital that time getting my chest x-ray done. Then 15 minutes later he replies.

1. First and foremost, don't call me 'girl'. i am not your girl nor do i want to be your girl.

2. 'We ARE have tight continuous schedule'... did you not go to school? and your business is regarding a one-of-a-kind educational product? really?

3. Why suggest to meet at one utama if you can't yourself over there?


Couldn't stand this bullshit anymore so this is what i replied and I never heard from him again.


So ladies, this is how you reject a job offer likeaboss!

GOODNIGHT! :3

No comments: