Sunday, June 24, 2012

my first tattoo

yes, first tattoo. i say first because it's addictive. will be definitely getting a second one. you would have known that i got a small star behind my left ear if you follow my tweets or instagram photos. one day in class, i decided hey, i want to get another ear piercing. somehow somewhere something, i really don't know what possessed me at the time, i went from wanting to get my ear pierced to wanting a tattoo.

FAQ
does it hurt?
first and most-asked question. to a certain extend, yes, it hurts. my pain tolerance is zero. i will cry if you pinch me or punch me in the arm. i was mentally preparing myself for this meteor-explosion-bibaboom type of pain, but to my surprise it was really not that bad. the buzzing from the needle distracts you and diverts your attention to the noise instead of the pain. i believe that the pain level varies depending on the body part you get inked. also, mine is behind my ear, so the buzzing is crazy. i rate the pain 3/10.


why did u do it?
i have always wanted one, and i thought that my first tattoo would be something meaningful to me, something i wouldn't regret. on impulse, i decided to get this star. my reason being i wanted to test out the pain level. if it hurt, there wasn't going to be a next time, if it didn't hurt that bad, which it didn't, i will be getting a bigger one.


why a star?
because i want to be a superstar :) also because a tattoo is something you will have forever, unless you get a crappy one and it fades over the years. i didn't want something so extravagant and after all i only wanted to 'test the pain'.


why behind the ear where no one can see it?
i didn't want it to be so obvious. the universe has instilled in my mind that if you have a tattoo you will not get a job. obviously it depends on what job you have in mind. if you want to be a tattoo artist, not having one would be silly, now wouldn't it? but i don't plan on being one, so behind the ear is good enough for me. it can only be seen with my hair tied up, so it makes it easy to hide if i really have to.

does it make you feel cool now because you have a tattoo?
oh please, i was already cool :) no, it does not make me feel cooler. if you think getting a tattoo will up your status, please dunk your head in the toilet bowl and flush. i didn't do it for the bragging rights. i did it merely because i wanted something pretty on my skin and because getting inked was on my list of things to do before i die. sometimes i'm afraid to tell people, because certain people perceive tattoos as a disgrace to your parents because they gave you this beautiful body and you destroyed it by getting inked. yes yes, whole load of bullcrap. i'm still learning how to not give a damn about what the haters think because after all it is my body and i can do whatever i like with it.

okay la, enough words. nah, picture :)



it's really not that obvious. my mom even said 'why do so small? do bigger ma!'
awesome mom is awesome!

okay, bye.

No comments: